Webinar: Launch of the “Cultural Artificial Intelligence Lab”
Be warmly invited to join the launch of the “Cultural AI Lab” – a cooperation of leading Dutch research and memory institutions.
Date: 17 February 2021
Time: 16:00 – 17:00 CET
Venue: online – register here
TMO members Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica (CWI), KNAW Humanities Cluster (KNAW HuC), KB National Library of the Netherlands, Institute of Sound and Vision the Hague and University of Amsterdam, together with Rijksmuseum and Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam are all cooperating and forming an alliance within the new lab on Cultural Artificial Intelligence. These parties will work together on developing AI-tools applicable in the cultural heritage sector.
How can we use ‘Artificial Intelligence’ in cultural research and raise consciousness of cultural context within the technology?
In this webinar you will learn about the various projects from the Cultural AI Lab and why now it’s the time to make sure AI-technology raises consciousness of cultural contexts.
- Welcome by host Eveline van Rijswijk
- Introduction on Cultural AI Lab, Speakers: Marieke van Erp (KNAW HuC) & Laura Hollink (CWI)
- The contribution of Cultural Heritage by Saskia Scheltjens (Rijksmuseum)
- Mini pitches of the projects:
- Culturally Aware AI – Ryan Brate (KNAW HuC) & Andrei Nesterov (CWI)
- SABIO – Valentin Vogelmann (KNAW HuC)
- BETTER-Mods – Cedric Waterschoot (KNAW Meertens)
- RE-FRAME – t.b.d. (Universiteit Utrecht)
- Closing Remarks